We wanted to let you know that as of this morning, our 2018 NIOSH-CPWR co-branded infographics are now live here.
Feel free to promote them on your website, use them in social media, presentations, newsletters or print materials.
They are being translated into Spanish as well.
The 4 topics for this year are:
- Fatal Falls: Small Business & Residential Construction
- Fall Protection Saves Lives (lack of access to PFAS)
- Preventing Falls through Skylights and Holes
- Preventing Falls from Equipment
Also for those that weren’t able to join in for the joint CPWR-NIOSH-OSHA March 21st webinar, The National Campaign to Prevent Falls in Construction: Getting Ready for the 2018 Safety Stand-Down. A recording of the event can be viewed here, and a PDF of the slides is available for download. During the webinar we discussed a variety of resources related to data on fatal falls as well as materials for the Stand-Down. Below is a list with links to some of those resources, but there are many more available on our Stand-Down websites.
- For general information about the Stand-Down for those who have not participated before, check out CPWR’s video and factsheet.
- CPWR’s Data Center provides statistics and demographic information related to fall injuries and fatalities in The Construction Chart Book, a Quarterly Data Report on Fall Injuries and Prevention in the Construction Industry, and our interactive Fatality Maps.
- All of the NIOSH and CPWR infographics can be found on stopconstructionfalls.com. The four new infographics mentioned during the webinar will be added.
- If you would like to advertise an event or find one to attend in your region, OSHA will be posting events that are free and open to the public on https://www.osha.gov/StopFallsStandDown/calendar.html.
- After you participate in the Stand-Down, make you sure you get your certificate!
- For free hardhat stickers and hazard alert cards, order online here -http://stopconstructionfalls.com/online-ordering-form/.
For More Information
- To become a Campaign partner and/or access materials and resources, visit our main Campaign site
- To get information on the National Safety Stand-Down to Prevent Falls in Construction
- To see NIOSH Press Release on the 2017 Stand-Down
- For information on NIOSH falls-related research (including the NIOSH ladder safety app)
- To get more information from OSHA on preventing falls in construction
- NIOSH FACE (Fatality Assessment and Control Evaluation) Program: Search “Residential Construction Falls” or “Commercial Construction Falls” to see factors that led to those fatal injuries and recommendation for preventing similar deaths.
- 2017 NIOSH Science Blog “The National Safety Stand-Down: Why Falls Remain a Deadly Problem in the Construction Sector and What We Can Do About It“
- 2017 MMWR Workers Memorial Day Edition National Campaign to Prevent Falls in Construction — United States
- 2016 NIOSH Science Blog “Standing–Down to Prevent Falls in Construction”
- 2016 MMWR special Workers’ Memorial Day Edition National Campaign to Prevent Falls in Construction — United States, 2016
- 2015 NIOSH Science Blog “The Stand-Down Is On! Join the National Safety Stand-down to Prevent Falls in Construction”
- 2015 MMWR special Workers’ Memorial Day Edition National Campaign to Prevent Falls in Construction — United States, 2015
- 2014 MMWR special Worker’s Memorial Day Edition – National Campaign to Prevent Falls in Construction — United States, 2014
- Listen to a 2012 interview on the campaign launch featuring Dr. Christine Branche, Principle Associate Director of NIOSH and Director, Office of Construction Safety and Health, CDC and Pete Stafford, the former Executive Director of CPWR–The Center for Construction Research and Training, who jointly led the creation of this program and campaign. (View a transcript of the interview)
- Occupational Ladder Fall Injuries — United States, 2011