Having a plan and knowing how to implement it will increase the chance of keeping your employees safe in the event of an active shooter situation. strategic HR inc. has two well-trained experts in the areas of law enforcement, public safety, and military operations who created our “How to Prepare for an Active Shooter in the Workplace” training program. Our experts will customize the training based on your company’s individualized needs and location(s). Rest assured that our objective is not to invoke fear, but rather to empower your employees with the tools they will need to handle this type of crisis.
Upon completion of the Active Shooter/Workplace Violence course, the student will be familiar with:
- Receive an overview of recent active shooter events by category
- Gain a better understanding of law enforcement and first responder response scenarios
- Learn an easy-to-remember tool that can save your life and the lives of those around you in an active shooter event
- Develop an understanding of the metaphysical changes that occur during a potentially life-threatening event, such as an active shooter event
- Learn how and why it is important to assess and gain a general understanding of your surroundings
- Obtain a customized step-by-step plan on how to stay safe at your work facility in an active shooter event
Course Length: 4 hrs
Course Required By: Company Specific
Written Exam: Written and hands-on competency will be evaluated at the end of each course. Incorrectly answered questions will be reviewed with student to ensure understanding before completion of course.
Retraining: Company-specific or student is responsible for retraining every year