Operators will be trained and tested (written and practical) in the safe operation of both scissor lift & boom lift related tasks/topics such as the following:
- The purpose, use & location of manuals.
- Proper storage of maintenance & operating manuals.
- A pre-start inspection of the AWP (8.3).
- Workplace inspection prior to operating the AWP.
- Responsibilities associated with problems or malfunctions affecting operation of the AWP (8.4).
- Factors affecting stability.
- The purpose of placards & decals.
- Safety rules & regulations.
- Authorization to operate the AWP.
- Identification of hazards associated with operation of the AWP.
- Operating warnings and instructions.
- Demonstration of proficiency in the operation of the AWP.
Course Length: 4 hrs
Course Required By: OSHA
Written Exam: Written and hands-on competency will be evaluated at the end of the course. Incorrectly answered questions will be reviewed with student to ensure understanding before completion of course.
Retraining: Re-certification required every three years