This Bucket Truck Safe Operations course is taught in accordance with the requirements of OSHA and ANSI Standard A92.2-1990. Our course has been established to reduce the risk of incident and personal injury when working with or in close proximity to bucket trucks.
Upon completion of the Bucket Truck Safe Operations course, the student should be able to:
- Understand the equipment required (chock blocks, fire extinguisher, traffic cones, harness)
- The safety checklist that must be completed daily
- Fall protection requirements
- Additional safety equipment (portable radio, PPE, other tools)
- Vehicle placement and operation
- Worksite safety including overhead clearences
- Traffic safety and cone placement
- Special hazards unique to this operation
Course Length: 4 hrs
Course Required By: OSHA
Written Exam: Written and hands-on competency will be evaluated at the end of the course. Incorrectly answered questions will be reviewed with student to ensure understanding before completion of course.
Retraining: Student should take an annual refresher or as required by their company