Certification of Confined Space Entrant/Attendant training must be available for inspection by employees or their authorized representatives.
Employees must be trained when first assigned to duties in and around permit spaces; before there is a change in assigned duties; whenever there is a change in operations that presents a hazard; and whenever the permit-space entry procedures change.
Upon completion of Confined Space Entrant/Attendant training, the student will be familiar with:
- Describe the entry permit
- Define the system for preparation, issuance, use, and cancellation of the entry permit
- Understand permit-required confined spaces
- Practices to mitigate hazards encountered while working in a confined space
- Instruct your workers on the proper use of equipment
- Understand the duties of the Attendant, Entrant and Supervisor
- Understand atmospheric hazards and atmospheric testing procedures
- Understand the parameters of the electronic gas monitor
- Understand the basic properties of the four main gasses encountered in a confined space
- Understand ventilation techniques
- Define rescue and emergency procedures
Course Length: 8 hrs
Course Required By: OSHA
Written Exam: Written competency will be evaluated at the end of each course. Incorrectly answered questions will be reviewed with student to ensure understanding before completion of course.
Retraining: Company specific
Prerequisites: Confined Space Awareness training