The CPR, AED, and First Aid for adults course is intended for individuals who are not healthcare providers or professional rescuers but desire or are required to be certified in CPR, AED, and First Aid for adults.
Upon completion of the CPR, AED, First Aid course, the trainee will be familiar with basic First Aid/CPR skills as provided in the basic skills guidebook. Participants will understand rules and receive instruction and testing on the following elements:
- Removal of contaminated gloves
- External chest compressions
- Rescue breaths using a CPR mask or shield
- Primary assessment for an unresponsive person
- CPR as a single provider
- Primary assessment for a responsive person
- Control of severe bleeding
- Stabilization of a suspected head, neck, or back injury
- Stabilization of a swollen, painful, deformed limb
- Take a SAMPLE patient history
Course Length: 4 hrs
Course Required By: OSHA
Written Exam: Recommended for individuals with a duty or employer expectation to respond. Must obtain a 70% or better on the exam.
Performance Task: All skills identified in basic skills guidebook
Certification Period: May not exceed 24 months from class completion. More frequent reinforcement of skills is recommended.