The Excavation and Trenching course focuses on the OSHA standards and hazards of industries related to excavation and trenching. Each employer is responsible for assuring compliance with these standards.
Upon completion of Excavation and Trenching training, the student will be familiar with:
- Excavation and trenching basics
- General requirements, to include: planning, daily inspections of excavations, and adjacent areas
- Protective systems
- Anatomy of cave-ins
- Indications of failure of protective systems
- Hazards to include: hazardous atmospheres, utilities, falling loads, etc.
- Soil analysis to include: types, classifications, and weight
- Interpretations and appendices, including subpart P
Course Length: 8 hrs
Course Required By: OSHA
Written Exam: Written and hands-on competency will be evaluated at the end of each course. Incorrectly answered questions will be reviewed with student to ensure understanding before completion of course.
Retraining: Company-specific or student is responsible for retraining every year