The Hospitality Industry Safety course outlines are divided into two sections. The first section contains what is considered core information relevant to all establishments, regardless of the type of setting. The second section contains several job specific safety training outlines, and may be optional depending on the job the employee will be doing.
- Job Restrictions for Workers 14 to 17-Years-Old
- Working Around Stoves, Ovens and Grills
- Fryer Safety
- Working With Knives, Equipment With Blades and Other Sharp Items
- Preventing Slips, Trips and Falls
- Chemical Hazards in Establishments
- Preventing Injuries from Robberies and Assaults
- First Aid for Burns
- How to Handle Workplace Emergencies
- Safe Lifting and Carrying
- Ergonomics for Establishment Workers
Course Length: 4 hrs
Course Required By: Company specific
Written Exam: Written and hands-on competency will be evaluated at the end of each course. Incorrectly answered questions will be reviewed with student to ensure understanding before completion of course.
Retraining: Student is responsible for retraining every year