In Incident Investigation, students will practice the six steps for conducting an incident investigation using Root Cause Analysis within the Safety Management System Process.
Upon completion of the Incident Investigation course, the student will:
- Participate as a team member in securing an accident scene
- Practice interviewing a partner to collect facts about what happened
- Document sequence of events based upon a personal near-miss
- Determine root causes of two major scenarios
- Recommend improvements using the cause and corrective action form
- Write an incident investigation report
Course Length: 4 hrs
Course Required By: Industry Best Practice, OSHA
Written Exam: Written and hands-on competency will be evaluated at the end of each course. Incorrectly answered questions will be reviewed with student to ensure understanding before completion of course.
Retraining: As required by company