The Lock-Out/Tag-Out (LOTO) course covers the servicing and maintenance of machines and equipment in which the unexpected energizing or start up of the machines or equipment, or release of stored energy could cause injury to employees. This standard establishes minimum performance requirements for the control of such hazardous energy. The information covered in this session includes the steps in the Lock-Out/Tag-Out and the affected employee’s part in the procedure. Also, you’ll be provided information on the locks and tags that are used.
Upon completion of the Lock-Out/Tag-Out Awareness course, the student will be familiar with:
- Explain sources of hazardous energy
- Describe arc flash
- Energy control procedures
- Protective materials and hardware
- Authorized and Affected employees
- Outline lockout/tagout procedures
- Outline guarding requirements
- Describe the use of insulation
- Describe the use of personal protective equipment
Course Length: 4 hrs
Course Required By: OSHA
Written Exam: Written and hands on competency will be evaluated at the end of each course. Incorrectly answered questions will be reviewed with student to ensure understanding before completion of course.
Retraining: Company specific