The OSHA 10hr-General Industry is intended to provide an entry level worker broad awareness on recognizing and preventing hazards on a general industry site.
Upon completion of the OSHA 10-hr General Industry Outreach Training Program, the student will be familiar with:
- Definitions General Industry standards
- General explanation of the purpose for the regulations
6 hrs Mandatory Topics Covered
- Introduction to OSHA
- Walking/Working Surfaces
- Emergency Action Plans, Exit Routes, Fire Prevention Plans & Protection
- Electrical Safety
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Hazard Communication
4 hrs Elective Topics Option
- Hazardous Materials
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Confined Space Awareness
- Accident Prevention Signs & Tags
- Hearing Conservation
- Fall Protection
Course Length: 10 hours (Per OSHA guidelines, must be taught over 1 1/2 days)
Written Exam: Written competency will be evaluated at the end of each course. Incorrectly answered questions will be reviewed with student to ensure understanding before completion of course.
Retraining: OSHA training does not expire, retraining is company-specific.