This Solid Waste Collection Safety courses goal for the future are making sure the waste industry moves off the federal government’s list of the top dangerous jobs in the United States. With this mission in mind, we have developed this program that outlines for waste collection employees, five tips to stay safe and alive on the job.
Upon completion of the Solid Waste Collection Safety course, the student should be able to:
- Always wear personal protective equipment (PPE), especially high visibility vests and/or outerwear.
- Never use your cell phone while driving the truck or at a disposal facility.
- Don’t ride on the step if the truck is backing or traveling more than 10 mph or 1/5-mile.
- Always comply with safety belt rules.
- Don’t exceed the speed limit and don’t rush.
Course Length: 4 hrs
Course Required By: Company specific
Written Exam: Written and hands-on competency will be evaluated at the end of each course. Incorrectly answered questions will be reviewed with student to ensure understanding before completion of course. Student shall be required to demonstrate proper lifting techniques.
Retraining: Student should consider an annual refresher, or may be required by company